Young African entrepreneur? Apply for Anzisha Prize 2020
Are you a young African Entrepreneur, aiming to build his, or, her small business, or, maybe you have created something that can benefit your immediate community? If you are, then, Anzisha prize is expecting your application.
Anzisha believes that, you could be a role model and inspiration, to the other young African entrepreneurs, given the right support.
The future of Africa, lies with the young generation and Anzisha, wants to celebrate your potentials, in growing and developing your country, through job creation.
Annually, 20 young African entrepreneurs are selected, for the Anzisha Prize Fellows.
The prize award is, arguably, the largest award for Africa’s youngest entrepreneurs, between the ages of 15 – 22.
A winning prize of USD $100,000 is, handed over, annually, to entrepreneurs, across the continent.
Eligibility for the Anzisha Prizes
- Your age range must be between 15 and 22 years old, with an ID document, or, Passport, to present as evidence.
- You must be a national of an African country, with an African-based business, serving African customers/beneficiaries.
- Your business must be running, with tangible results to share, before you apply.
- Anzisha prize welcomes any kind of venture from science and technology, down to sports.
- Applications from individuals, require that, he, or, she, must be, one of the founding members of a business.
Timeline of the event
- May 2020: Phone interviews and due diligence visit, with the semi-finalists and final selection
- July 2020: Announcement of the top 50 Finalists of the 2020 edition of the Anzisha Prize
- August 2020: Announcement of the top 20, 2020 Finalists
- October 2020: Anzisha Business Accelerator and Anzisha Prize Awards Forum.
How to Apply
If you have satisfied all the criteria mentioned above, you can go ahead to apply here. The deadline for applications is, Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Featured Image: worldscholarshipforum