Applications for the Start-up Energy Transition, (SET), Award 2020 is, on for entries.
It is a global initiative award. under the German Energy Agency, (Dena,) in partnership with, the World Energy Council.
Eligibility for participation
Applicants into the SET awards can only apply, to one category, which will be mentioned, subsequently.
Any further applications, into any category, would be nullified, including applications to the Special Prize on Quality Access & SDG-7.
- Participating start-ups must not have exceeded 10 years of existence.
- Applications and every attached document must be submitted, in the English Language.
- Participating start-ups must have a functioning prototype.
- The start-ups must have registered, or, been in the process, of registering with a proof of concept and institutional partner.
- Entries must be filled, completely, as all, partially, completed entries, will not be accepted.
Categories For The Awards
As mentioned earlier, please note that applicants can, only, enter into one of the categories below:
- Category 1: Renewable Energies & Materials
- Category 2: Digital Energy Systems
- Category 3: Energy Efficiency Solutions
- Category 4: Smart Mobility
- Category 5: Special Prize: Quality Access & SDG-7
Benefits Of Participation
SET has made the award program, a value-added one, such that, no matter how far you go, in the SET process, there is something beneficial, awaiting you.
Start-ups that have participated, in the past SET awards, have gone ahead, to attract new investors, customers and participation, in energy events, globally.
For All Participants
Eligible to join a global platform of innovators, where your views will be shared and represented, in the Energy Innovators Issues Monitor.
These views will influence social policies that, would boost innovation.
For the SET100 2020
For the top 100 ranked applicants, into the award, their start-ups, will be featured, in the SET annual publication, read across the globe.
In addition, they will, also, get a free ticket, to the 2020 SET Tech Festival.
For all Finalists
A Couple of benefits awaits the finalists, such as:
- Return flight to benefit
- Pitch coaching
- Individual booth at SET Tech Festival
- Tickets to the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue, (BETD)
- Interviews and branding, in all communication material
- Accommodation for 2 representatives of the start-up, to attend the Tech Festival
For winners of each category
The benefits here include:
- Getting up to E10.000 Euros, as prize money.
- Opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders’ Summits.
- Participation on the winners’ panel, at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue, (BETD).
How To Apply
Interested applicants, can go ahead to apply here. The deadline for application is Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Featured Image: startup-energy-transition