One Young World Lead 2030 Opens Applications For $50,000 Prize Challenge
One Young World, (OYW), has launched the second round for Lead2030.
The Lead2030 challenge is, the largest prize funding, for young leaders, aiming at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, (SDGs).
It is supported, by the Challenge Partners, (Businesses working with One Young World), who have committed a prize of $50,000.
The inaugural Lead2030 Challenge Winners were each awarded $50,000 in addition to 12 months of executive mentorship from their Challenge Partner to help amplify their impact as they tackle some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Asides from the financial commitment of these partners, they have, also, pledged to offer mentorship support, to assist the young leaders, on their journey, in tackling the SDGs challenges.
Here is a list, of the challenge partners and the SDG:
- RB. SDG 2, (Zero Hunger)
- AstraZeneca. SDG 3, (Health & Well-being)
- Deloitte SDG 4, (Quality Education)
- RB SDG 6, (Clean Water & Sanitation)
- BP SDG 7, (Affordable & Clean Energy)
- Standard Chartered. SDG 9, (Industrial Innovation & Infrastructure)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb SDG, (10 Reduced Inequalities)
- Mondi Group SDG 12, (Sustainable Consumption and Production)
- Credit Suisse SDG 14, (Life underwater)
Applicants would be selected, based on:
- Significant alignment with SDG 2
- Age of founder, between 18 – 30.
- The solution must have passed the implementation phase.
- Impact driven solution (creating jobs, or, developing skills)
- Must be, financially viable, by achieving efficiency and surviving, independently, via the resources generated, by investment and donation.
- Potential to perform after expansion (Scalability)
Benefits Of The Award
- The winner will receive a US$50,000 grant from RB
- A 12-month mentorship program, with RB professionals
The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution, based on the needs of your initiatives, or, organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
How To Apply
If you have satisfied the criteria mentioned above, then, proceed to apply via the website. The deadline for applications is Thursday, January 5, 2020.