Lexus Design Award, calls for application, from young creative talents around the world, to “Design for a Better Tomorrow”.
For the past six years, Lexus Design competition has provided the chance of a lifetime for, up, coming designers, to win the prestigious award, for innovative design excellence, as well as, affording, successful applicants, the opportunity to build their prototype, with world-class mentors and reach unparalleled exposure, by exhibiting, at Milan Design Week.
The “Design for a Better Tomorrow”, aims to become a solution, to overcome challenges, by incorporating, three principles, fundamental to Lexus; “Anticipate. Innovate. Captivate.”
The final design would anticipate the needs of the user experience, as well as, benefit society while demonstrating innovation, with fresh, imaginative solutions and captivate their audience.
- Open to professionals, students and design enthusiasts, around the world.
- Entrants should be individuals who have reached the age of majority, in their home country.
In the previous edition, the competition spanned across these categories; Industrial Design, Architecture, Technology/Engineering, Interior Design and Fashion Design
Entrants for the 2020 edition could borrow a cue, from this and base their solution on any of the categories listed.
Benefits Of The Award
- 6 Finalists will be chosen to attend Milan Design Week, where prototypes of their submitted proposals, will be exhibited, at the 2020 Lexus Design Event.
- At Milan, the 6 Finalists, will present their works to a panel of esteemed judges and one Grand Prix Winner, will be selected.
- Before exhibiting in Milan, Finalists will be invited to New York City, to participate in a workshop with world-class design professionals, serving as Mentors, to develop their prototypes.
- There will be continual follow-up, by the Mentors, as the Finalists develop their designs, into physical prototypes. Prototype production costing, up to 3 million JPY, (over $25,000), including tax, will be covered.
- Finalists will receive Award Certificate and PR assistance, through an Award Press
Who To Apply
If you are eligible for the Lexus Design Award, for the year 2020, then, head to the portal to submit your application. Entry into the competition closes on Monday, October 14, 2019.