Lexus Design Award 2021 Opens Entries for Applications
Over the past 7 years, Lexus Design Award has offered a platform, for upcoming designers, whose creativity can lead to a great future.
Since the year of the award’s inception in 2013, thousands of entrants in their numbers, from across the world have competed for this prize.
The 2021 awards edition, still remains committed to assisting future designers and creators, to launch their career alongside world-class prototype funding, mentoring and unparalleled global exposure.
Six finalists will emerge from the thousands of entries, while one Grand Prix winner will finally get selected as the overall winner.
The Grand Prix winner will be selected by the judges, based on Lexus brand three key principles:
- Captivate: How does your design captivate people? (100 words)
- Innovate: How is your design original and innovative? (100 words)
- Anticipate: How does your design anticipate the user experience and ultimately benefit society? (100 words)
Eligibility for participation
The Lexus Design Award is open to:
- Design enthusiasts, professionals, and students across the world
- Individuals who have reached the age of majority in their home country
Applicants will need to develop innovative designs and bring fresh imaginative solutions that highlight the creative interplay, between design and technology.
At the same time, their ideas and designs should be captivating and engaging to the audience and the esteemed judging panel.
Note that submissions span across the categories of Industrial Design, Architecture, Technology/Engineering, Interior Design and Fashion Design.
Requirements for applying for Lexus Design Award 2021 include the following:
- Name of the project
- One Line Short Description, (Within 15 words)
- Full Description, (Within 250 words)
Applicants should, also, include information on the background of the work, production/manufacturing process, materials used for construction and any facts, or details you think are needed, to fully explain your work.
Images 2 images are mandatory; one main image of your work and one image that demonstrates how your work would function, or be used. additional images are optional.
Benefits of participation
- Funding to bring your design to life.
- World-class Mentoring Workshop in New York City.
- Invitation to exhibit at Milan Design Week at Lexus Design Event.
How to Apply
If you have satisfied the above criteria, you can proceed to apply here. The deadline for applications is Sunday, October 11, 2020.
Featured Image: techcity.ng