Are you a start-up, research centre, or, Association that, initiates a digital project, promoting the development of sustainable cities in Africa?
The French Development Agency, (AFD), has opened its AFD Digital Challenge, to receive applications, in its fourth edition.
Benefits Of The Challenge
- A winning prize of €20 000
- International visibility
- A tailor-made support program”Acceleration pack”
According to AFD, the 2019 edition, aims at throwing more light, on the digital innovation, that will re-structure African cities, for the future
.Criteria For Consideration
To be eligible for participation, applicants must have innovative solutions that;
- Stimulates local economic development
- Improves the relationship between the citizens and local authorities
- Improves the quality of urban services
- Urban planning for the most vulnerable
Criteria For Selection
Start-ups would be selected based on:
- Analysis of their projects
- Their innovative potential
- Business model
- Impact and the importance of the digital element in it.
Timeline Of The Event
- Selection of the top 30 applications for the deepening phase
- Selection of the 15 best applications for the final selection phase
- The nomination of the 10 winners
How To Apply
Innovators from start-ups, research centres, or, associations, looking forward to participating, in the challenge, can apply here. The deadline for application for AFD Digital Challenge is Monday, November 18, 2019.