By the year 2030, two-thirds of the world’s population would have inhabited the cities, with a vast number of changes occurring, in the developing countries.
The more the development, the higher the chances of complexities and challenges that, the will be facing.
In view of this, the World Bank Youth Summit 2019 Competition, challenges young entrepreneurs with innovative abilities, to harness the power of smart technology, to drive changes that would impact society, in the face of development.
The World Bank recognises the impact of the young generation, in driving innovative changes and they have invited them, to submit proposals that can build, inclusive and sustainable cities, towards 2030.
The solution provided, from these successful proposals, would address the increasing impact, of pollution and climatic change, affecting the cities.
The aim of the World Bank Youth Summit 2019 award, is to;
- Promote inclusive economic growth
- Identify problems in communities
- Craft innovative solutions for smarter and more resilient cities
- Stimulate entrepreneurial problem solving
- Create dialogue on innovative ways to unlock obstacles that have traditionally hindered investment in smart cities.
Eligibility for the award
- Open to individuals or teams of up to 4 people, aged 18 to 35, (From any part of the world)
- Prior entrepreneurial experience or business background is, not required
- Passion for driving innovation
- All youth that, are professionals, students and academics, NGO leaders, government officials and start-up founders.
How to apply for the award
Are you a young social entrepreneur, with an idea that has the capacity to leverage technology, in building sustainable and inclusive cities, to impact your community and country at large?
The 2019 Youth Summit Competition, is, just right here for you. The award competition runs from Monday, December 2 to Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
The deadline for the application is Tuesday, October 1, 2019. Apply here.