Google Podcasts Creator Program Opens Applications
Google Podcasts Creator Program by Google and PRX podcast accelerator is back and calling for applications before the closing date of Sunday 2 August 2020 for its training program for producers.
Now in its third year, the Google Podcasts creator program is guided by a mission of providing a global audio community with open resources, empowering underrepresented voices, and showcasing new work.
Through the virtual accelerator program taking place for 12 weeks, independent podcasters have the opportunity to forge close relationships with other podcasters and industry experts from around the world.
Benefits of the programme
Successful applicants with an existing podcast who want to advance their skills and take their productions to the next level will receive:
- Regular feedback on all aspects of their production, including editorial and technical input
- Training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement
- Equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Up to $12,000 in funding for use as they see fit for their productions audio equipment.
Criteria for participation
We are looking for producers from around the world who:
- Have proficiency in English
- Are willing to pause production during the program
- Have published at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices and styles
- Are interested in making their podcast sustainable through revenue and audience growth
All training will be free, entirely virtual, and conducted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni.
How to Apply
The deadline for application is Sunday, August 2, 2020, by 11:59 pm ET
BIPOC podcasters and creators from traditionally marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply