AnitaB Syters $1000 Awards For Female Technologists
The AnitaB.org Systers Pass It On Awards Program has opened its applications, for entries, across the continent.
The award is, set to honour Anita Borg’s desire, to establish a network of women technologists, who can render help, to one another.
The cash awards will encourage women, who are into computing, or, any project that, can inspire and give support, to girls and women, venturing into the field of computing.
The whole aim of the program is, to “pass on” the gains benefitted, from the award, which in the long run, would create a movement that assists women, in supporting their fellow women.
Generous donations, from the Systers, (Online community, established by Anita Borg, in the late 1980s)
$1,000 USD is, up for grabs, for this awards program.
Criteria for selection
- It is open to any woman, irrespective of the country, provided she is above 18.
- She must be aspiring, for a career, in the field of computing
The award program encourages applications, from a variety of projects including:
- A broader project that benefits girls and women
- Assistance with educational fees and materials
- Assistance with studies, job transfers, or, other transitions in life
- Mentoring and other supportive groups, for women in technology, or, computing
- Partial funding source, for larger scholarship
- A partial funding source for technical conferences
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women, to go into the computing field
How to apply
Eligible female candidates can go ahead to apply, via the AnitaB website. The deadline for application is Thursday, March 26, 2020.
Featured Image: AnitaB.org