The annual AppsAfrica Innovation Awards, in its fifth year, calls on African start-ups, to apply for its Innovation Awards.
The award celebrates the best of the best, among tech start-ups across the African continent, as they showcase their innovative projects to other continents.
The AppsAfrica Innovation Awards, are open to African start-ups that have established platforms in these focus areas, or, categories; Best African App, Agri-tech, Ed-tech, Mobility, Blockchain, Fintech and Social Impact, Changing Africa, M-commerce, Internet of Things, Media & Entertainment, Enterprise Solution, Health-tech and Disruptive Solution.
Eligibility For the Awards
- Applicants can be start-ups, or. Incorporated companies
- Applicants must have launched a product, or, service that is in, at least, one African market
- The product, or, service, must address specific African needs, as detailed within the specific category
- Applicant’s innovation must be technology-driven
- Applications must be specific and relevant to the category entered for
Benefits Of The Awards
Winners of the Awards will get:
- Industry recognition
- Global publicity
- Opportunity to network with over 300 industry peers
Previous winners of AppsAfrica Innovation Awards include:
- Kobo360 and Farmcrowdy – Nigeria
- WethinkCode & Custos Media Technologies – South Africa
- Safeboda – Uganda
- Baobab – Kenya
- Nala – Tanzania
If you meet all the criteria specified for the application, go ahead to the website to apply. Applications run until Wednesday, September 11, 2019. Finalists would be shortlisted on Tuesday, October 8, 2019.
Featured Image: Innovation-village